Todd graduated magna cum laude from Michigan State University College of Law, where he was a Dean King Scholar. He was an Associate Editor of the Michigan State Law Review, and received the Jurisprudence Award for Research, Writing, and Advocacy. Before law school, he received his Bachelors of Arts in Philosophy from Michigan State University.
Prior to joining Makower Abbate Guerra Wegner Vollmer, Todd worked for a small firm specializing in community association / condominium law. Before that, Todd started his legal career as a litigation Associate at Clark Hill PLC in Detroit, MI. During law school, he had the opportunity to serve as an extern law clerk for two federal judges, first with the Honorable Judge Avern Cohn of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, and later with the Honorable Judge David W. McKeague of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Todd was also an Adjunct Professor of Law teaching Community Association Law at Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2020.
- Real property law with focus on Community Association Law
- Litigation in state and federal courts and administrative agencies at all levels, including appeals
- Community association governance and operations
- Community association restriction enforcement and assessment collections
- Drafting and interpreting community association governing documents
- Civil Rights / Fair Housing / Attorney General Complaints
Achievements and Memberships
- Member, Community Associations Institute
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, State Bar Real Property Law Section
- Named a Top Lawyer in Metro Detroit for litigation by dBusiness Magazine in 2013
- Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Named a “One to Watch” in Best Lawyers in America©
What’s it like to work with Todd
Todd has a unique way of aggressively arguing a difficult and challenging position while remaining open, engaging and willing to collaborate. Known and respected for his excellent writing and research skills, his professional passion is balanced by a great sense of humor and overall attitude.
Visiting unique restaurants and craft breweries in the Metro Detroit area
Spending time with his family
Ice Hockey (Goalie)
Reading History, Science, and Science Fiction
Computers (can build one from scratch)