John earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan. He then earned his Law Degree and Masters Degree in Business Administration from Wayne State University in 2003 and 2010 respectively.
After starting as a laws clerk at a large firm in Detroit, John was hired as an Association attorney by the same firm. He later practiced at another firm in Oakland County for approximately four years before joining Wegner and Associates PC in 2008. John has continued his practice with the firm after it joined with Makower Abbate Guerra PLLC in 2015.
- Community association governance and operations
- Drafting and interpreting community association governing documents
- Community association restriction enforcement and assessment collections
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts affecting community associations
- Prosecuting and defending litigation on behalf of community associations
- Bankruptcy issues
Achievements and Memberships
- Member, Community Associations Institute
- Member, Macomb County Bar Association
- Seminar lecturer and author for the Community Association Institute, Michigan Chapter
- Seminar lecturer and author for United Condominium Owners of Michigan (UCOM)
What it’s like to work with John
John is known for his dedication to family, no-nonsense approach to his profession and an impressive work ethic. Dependable and practical, he chooses his battles wisely, never making far-fetched arguments or going to Court without every detail nailed down. Word is, he handles his family’s travel and vacation plans the same way.
- Spending time with his family
- Riding his Peloton
- Lamenting being a Lions fan