Jeff received his undergraduate degree, with distinction, from the University of Rhode Island. Jeff graduated cum laude from Wayne State University Law School in 2003 where he was awarded Order of the Coif.
Jeff began his law career, and representing community associations, at Wegner and Associates in 2003. Wegner and Associates transitioned to Wegner Vollmer PC in 2013, and Jeff joined the Firm in 2015 to help form Makower Abbate Guerra Wegner Vollmer PLLC.
- Community association governance and operations
- Drafting and interpreting community association governing documents
- Community association restriction enforcement and assessment collections
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts affecting community associations
- Prosecuting and defending litigation on behalf of community associations
Achievements and Memberships
- Member, Community Associations Institute
- Member, Macomb County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Michigan Condominiums, PUDs & Cooperatives Committee
- Seminar lecturer and author for the Community Association Institute, Michigan Chapter
- Seminar lecturer and author for United Condominium Owners of Michigan (UCOM)
- Contributor on community association matters for Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Contributor on community association matters for the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Seminar Committee Chairperson for Community Association Institute, Michigan Chapter
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” by leading Lawyers
What’s it like to work with Jeff?
Experienced. Thorough. Thoughtful. Methodical. Respectful. Confident. These are some of the words Jeff’s clients and associates use to describe him. Known for finding ways to make the law easy to understand when it comes to real life, day-to-day situations, as well as his thoughtful, individualized approach to serving clients, he’s also always up for a good laugh now and then.
- Spending time with his family and Harlow, their mini-goldendoodle
- Tennis and running
- Watching the English Premier League