Wayne received his undergraduate degree from Eastern Michigan University and his MBA from Wayne State University. Wayne went on to graduate from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1975.
Wayne has been practicing law for more than 40 years. Wayne’s MBA gives him the ability to deal with legal matters from a pragmatic approach enabling him to advise clients on both the legal and practical aspects of their legal matters. Wayne lived in a condominium for a number of years, and served on its advisory committee dealing with developer matters and transitioning to co-owner control. Wayne’s experiences give him a good perspective on condominium living and problems with construction, development and management.
In addition to providing counsel on community association matters, a large part of Wayne’s practice is devoted to estate and legacy planning. His experience, maturity and compassion affords him the ability to effectively deal with families in their estate matters, especially at a time of bereavement.
Wayne also represents numerous small businesses and handles many of their legal issues, including their creation, purchase and sale. He is regularly involved in most aspects of real estate transactions, both residential and commercial.
- Interpretation and drafting of community association documents
- Community association governance
- Review, negotiation and drafting of residential and commercial contracts
- Drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, designations of patient advocate and related estate planning documents
- Probate and trust administration matters.
Achievements and Memberships
- Admitted to State Bar of Michigan
- Admitted to the Eastern District of Michigan, Federal Courts
- Admitted to the Federal Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of the Macomb County Bar Association
- Member of the Macomb County Probate Bar Association
- Member of the Christian Legal Society
- Member of the Real Property Law and Probate and Estate Planning Sections of the Michigan Bar
- Past member of the Board of Directors, Community Associations Institute – Michigan Chapter
- Taught course on condominium ownership and management at Macomb Community College for over 20 years
- Seminar lecturer and author for the Community Association Institute, Michigan Chapter
- Seminar lecturer and author for United Condominium Owners of Michigan
Wayne enjoys the outdoors with his family. He is a U.S. Army veteran, having served in Vietnam.